Helping keep the Community moving
Rama Life is proud to be supporting not-for-profit organisations in South Petherton and surrounding communities within the South Somerset District, with access to affordable minibus hire.
About the minibus & driving it
We have raised £26,000 for a minibus and all the costs associated with running it. We have purchased the lightweight version, that can be driven on a category B licence (normal driving licence), so it is available to most drivers – including those that do not have a minibus licence.
We will be organising the day to day running of the bus: Organising safety checks, service & MOT appointments, bookings etc and ensuring that everything is done correctly and in accordance with our aims and objectives.
Would you like to hire the minibus?
1. Register Your Orgnisation & Drivers with us (you can add the drivers later on, if thats easier)
You can do this by dropping us an email. If you prefer, we can take the details over the phone.
It is your responsibility to make sure drivers have experience of handling larger vehicles, if you are not sure we are happy to provide a FREE 30min session, to check they can maneouver it on the roads and offer some advice.
2. Book the bus!
Get in touch for availability and cost. If the date is free you can go ahead and book!
You will need to have a Section 19 Permit. if you are part of a larger organisation (Scouts for example) they will be able to provide you with this permit. All other groups need to apply – its just £11 lasts 5 years and take about a week to arrive.
The quickest way is through Community Transport Association: https://ctauk.org/join-now/ if your organisation turns over less than 25k it is FREE to join them (and £11 per permit). If you turn over more, there may be an additional charge so you may choose to apply through your local council.
We need you to check out the hire policy to make sure you are happy with the rules. Sorry it is so long. It doesn’t matter who reads it from your organisation, as long as they explain everything to the driver that they need to know, ahead of the hire. If you need help with this, just get in touch.
For the COST of hiring please get in touch.
Hires start from as low as £30.
Who can hire the minibus?
– Not-for-profit organisations
– Not running bus for hire or reward
– Drivers 25 and over, with 5 years experience.
– Drivers who have experience of large vehicle driving or attend a free Rama Life training session.
– Organisations from or near Somerset, with preference to those in South Petherton and surrounds.
How can you hire the minibus?
– Check out the minibus policy
– Obtain a Section 19 permit
They cost £11, last 5 years & we can help with this
– Visit this page to access registration forms
– Register your organisation
– Register 1 or more drivers
– Complete the booking form & pay