Holiday Clubs in South Somerset
Rama Life offer a range of holiday clubs – young people from Reception to Year 7 follow a fun, theme based programme, with lots of time outdoors being active, at our Frogmary Green Farm Base. We support autonomy, so if someone doesn’t want to join in something, they are welcome to play, read, get creative with the art supplies or just take some time out and watch.
Staying Active, Teamwork and Problem Solving
We go outside as much as possible and use sports, games and challenges to encourage healthy physical activity and as a way to have fun, build self-confidence and teamwork skills. Activties are relaxed and flexible and if someone wants to chill out and do a self-run activity and just watch – thats fine!
Creativity for Everyone
All young people are encouraged to explore their creative side – whatever they use – paint, pens, crafty bits, leaves, twigs, clay, icing pens, cardboard or Lego – all that matters is having a go and having fun.
We run 60 days of holiday club every year – so we use themes to help us ensure sessions are varied, interesting and appealing to young people. Topics cover International, History, Popular Culture, Cooking, Adventure, Nature and much more! Young people don’t have to love the theme to come along, as the day is always varied and with access to a varity of books, games, equipment and craft supplies.
Rama Life’s Holiday Clubs are Ofsted registered childcare provisions, with an ethos of building self-esteem and confidence. We do this with a supportive, experienced and friendly team, a varied and interesting programme with no pressure to join in and lots of chances to develop skills.
Our Junior Holiday Club (Reception – Yr 7) runs from Frogmary Green Farm, (South Petherton, TA13 5DJ), where in holiday times, we have exclusive use of a purpose built educational centre with child friendly bathrooms, a kitchen and enclosed campfire area, playground, grass and growing patch.
Our standard day is from 8:45/9am-3:30pm (£30), but we can also provide wraparound care from 8am – 5pm.
8:45am – 3:30pm: £30
8:45am – 5pm: £39
8am – 3:30pm: £37.50
8am – 5pm: £46.50
We accept Childcare Vouchers, Gov Tax Free Childcare & you can download invoices for Universal Credit Childcare.
Our setting name for Junior Holiday Club at Frogmary is “Rama Life at Frogmary”.
Please find us with your childcare provider using the name Rama Life, if you cannot find us just get in touch.
What to bring / wear
- A packed lunch, snack and full water bottle
- Sensible, closed toe footwear (no sandals please)
- Clothes that are comfortable and able to get messy
- Coat (waterproof if any chance of rain)
- Wellies or waterproof boots (if any chance of rain)
- Hat & Gloves if cold, Sun Hat (and suncream if you use it) when its hot
What not to bring
- We do not have refrigeration for lunches, so if they are attending in warm weather consider avoiding foods that could go off in the heat
- Phones, cameras, tablets (and smart watches that take photos or have a web browsing function).
- We are a NUT FREE provision – DO NOT send your young person in with nuts, peanut butter, chocolate spread with hazelnuts or any other nut product. Nut allergies are often not known until the child has a severe reaction.
- All medication must be handed over to leaders on the gate
- Late stay attendees are provided with a light snack (cheese, crackers, fruit)
- Our Junior Holiday Club can take children aged 4, from the summer holiday before they join Reception, as long as they are able to manage the toilet alone
- The Junior Holiday club is aimed at Primary age, but we are happy for Yr 7’s to attend.
Rama Youth encourage young people to form their own opinions and learn how to respect others, that may differ from them. We encourage discussion and debate in a positive way. We do not promote or deny any religion, faith or belief system and we are always interested in hearing about the international links that many of our attendees have.
We promote the ethos that art is a personal thing and doesn’t need to be compared to others. If you want it to look different, then just keep practicing and remember, that what you may see as “failure”, is just part of the road to success.
We actively encourage being physically active, having good self-care and building communication skills.